Job Description – Research Intern – Energy Mobility
Level: Research Intern
Position Type: 6 months internship
You will be an integral part of the team that will create databases, analyse and visualise Energy related data in India and elsewhere (especially other Commonwealth markets like Australia, New Zealand, UK). You will add on to the team’s writing and analytical abilities, and ideally contribute with quantitative, presentation. You will be assessed on the basis of your commitment, creativity and ability to make compelling arguments and analysis that invokes appreciation beyond words. You will learn about how data is the holy grail for decision making and the role of energy in mobilising cities, in India and elsewhere.
The research team is experienced in understanding all forms of propulsion technology, and methods to study at scale. The team has educational backgrounds in architecture, urban planning, political science, development economics, mathematics, sociology, policy making and entrepreneurship. Your areas of interest should include propulsion technology, energy efficiency, fuel technology, renewable energy, and mobility with special focus on ability and tools to visualize data. Your scope of work includes –
Research and Presentation-based knowledge products (75% of time required)
– Secondary research: Prepare a repository of energy and vehicle related data and documents, based on which projections can be made for transformation.
– Co-relate different parameters and carry out regression analyses to make sense of different parameters affecting mobility.
– Prepare briefs on policy issues & submissions relevant to OMI’s Energy and mobility related work
– Identify opportunities for impactful research and presentation
Creating Design and Graphics to visualize data and compile the product (25% of time required)
– Produce material to communicate research outcomes and analytical content that is graphically pleasing to civil society, businesses, non-technical audiences, media, the government and other stakeholders
– Relevant presentation and engagement in a research-oriented forum.
Required Attributes and Qualifications:
– Pursuing Post graduation or Undergraduation in fields of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with interest specific to future fuels and New Energy Vehicles, Energy and Electricity related policies.
– Exceptional ability to write and create tools.
– Strong analytical research skills and aptitude for numbers
– Ability to comprehend data and prepare impactful messages using visualisation
– Highly organised and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
– Ability to understand patterns of energy growth, technological changes and policies concerning energy relating to mobility
OMI is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women, PwDs and other minorities to apply. Please send your latest CV, writing samples, and a covering letter (fewer than 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
At OMI, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at the aforementioned ids.
About Ola Mobility Institute
The Ola Mobility Institute is the policy research and social innovation think tank of Ola, focused on developing knowledge frameworks at the intersection of mobility innovation and public good. The Institute carries out research on electric mobility, urban mobility, energy and mobility, accessibility & inclusion, and future of work & platform economy, among others.
The Institute has strategic thinkers, researchers, advocates, and campaigners from the University of Oxford, Harvard University, California Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Indian Institute of Technology- Madras, Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee, CEPT University, Madras University, Anna University, Delhi University, Indian School of Business, TERI University, Indian Institute of Science, Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, O.P. Jindal Global University, and more.
By undertaking relevant socio-economic and political research, presenting a public narrative, and encouraging understanding across stakeholders, the Institute aims to enable continuous innovation in mobility and mobility services, while also advancing discourse on sustainable mobility across the globe. The Institute, therefore, works closely with the government, the industry, think tanks, academia, and non-governmental organisations.
Ola is India’s largest mobility platform and one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies. Ola revolutionised urban mobility by making it available on demand for over a billion people across 3 continents. Today, Ola continues to move the world to sustainable mobility through its ride hailing platform as well as through advanced electric vehicles manufactured at its FutureFactory, the largest, most advanced and sustainable two wheeler factory in the world. Ola is dedicated to transitioning the world to sustainable mobility and making the world better than we found it.
Ola is on a mission to build mobility for a billion people. For more details, visit www.olacabs.com/media.