With oversight and guidance perform procedures and report preparation to support performance measurement and portfolio management processes and tools. Ensure compliance with established regulatory and operational procedures. Identify and with senior team members to resolve problems. Support team for special ad-hoc analyses and/or studies. Support global investment initiatives through participation in projects, development and implementation of new initiatives, process reviews and/or system enhancements. Seek guidance and support from senior team members.
- Execute deliverables as per standard operating procedures with timeliness and accuracy. Contribute to team functions including performance, adherence to GIPS, attribution, asset modeling, asset valuation, security/ portfolio level characteristics and analytics. Build comprehensive understanding of investment workflow, portfolio management, index construction, performance principles, GIPS, investment tools owned/deployed by the team, client needs, how market factors and/or operational changes impact team and data owned, as well as the flow of data across PGI. — (60%)
- Build strong professional relationships with internal and external personnel including senior operations staff, RFP staff, relationship management staff, IT staff, clients, boutique staff, GIPS verifier, and/or industry contacts to educate, seek direction, obtain information. Consult with business partners on both complex and new initiatives to meet dynamic needs of our clients. Ensure accurate and timely distribution of performance, attribution, characteristics/analytics, risk measures, and analytics for portfolio and benchmark, along with a detailed understanding of inputs, dependencies, and data flow. — (20%)
- Maintain and expand upon comprehensive understanding of Principal Global Investors products, team procedures, client needs, GIPS standards, financial markets, portfolio and benchmark construction and theory, and more granular security and asset class data and sensitivities through self-initiated research, participation in available training programs. With knowledge, proactively employ better, more efficient ways to produce investment data and results. Keep current on new industry initiatives and represent the company as a subject matter expert as needed. — (15%)
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as required. — (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in accounting, finance, economics or business required, plus fresher or less than equal to 1 years’ work experience in investment/mutual fund operations or related field.
- Good understanding of Capital Markets and Investments required.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have solid problem solving, planning, time management skills.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, exercise flexibility when dealing with people and effectively communicate with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Desire for continued education, CIPM, preferred
Success in this position requires a strong client service orientation, the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven, team-based environment and the ability to produce accurate and timely information under supervision. Must be able to handle multiple, complex tasks, prioritize effectively and be flexible as business needs change. Must have the ability to take initiative, be a self-starter and work independently.
Reports to: Investment Performance Leader
Direct Reports: None
Travel Required: None
Work Shift: 1:30 PM to 10:30 PM (5 days a week)